[Chameleon] MapSize Widget

Jonathon Coombes jon at cybersite.com.au
Wed Jun 29 22:32:56 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 22:24 -0400, Paul Spencer wrote:
> Jonathon,
>
> I assume you are using the sample applications.  They are not designed with this type of
> functionality in mind, and I think it would be reasonably difficult to retrofit it into
> the existing architecture.  You will get more mileage out of designing your own template
> that includes flexible sizing IMHO.
>
> Speaking of which, if anyone out there has designed templates that they think would be
> of use to others, we could start a template gallery on the tiki site.

OK. This seems to be the general opinion for everyone out there.
I thought it would be easy if I used the same javascript function
that the sample scripts used. I took the tools_enhanced (with JSAPI)
script and examined it to see how it worked. It shows a call from
the MapSize widget popup to the applyMapSize(nWidth,nHeight) function.
I assumed calling this directly using <a
href="javascript:applyMapSize(600,450);"> would have a similar effect.

Looking at designing my own template then - would anyone have a sample
template like this already, or perhaps some tutorials on designing
templates for use with Chameleon? Once I have finished this project,
I will probably right some tutorials for people who are new like I
am or was at least ;)

Regards
Jonathon