[Chameleon] MapSize Widget

Paul Spencer pagameba at magma.ca
Wed Jun 29 22:24:10 EDT 2005

Jonathon,

I assume you are using the sample applications.  They are not designed with this type of
functionality in mind, and I think it would be reasonably difficult to retrofit it into
the existing architecture.  You will get more mileage out of designing your own template
that includes flexible sizing IMHO.

Speaking of which, if anyone out there has designed templates that they think would be
of use to others, we could start a template gallery on the tiki site.

Cheers

Paul

On Jun 30, Jonathon Coombes <jon at cybersite.com.au> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to get the MapSize widget working based on an image map
> instead of the popup window like the samples. I want to emulate
> something similar to the site <a
href='http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/tomo.html'>http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/tomo.htm
l</a>
> for map resizing.
>
> What I have done so far was to include a MapSize widget and make it
> hidden. Then I set the imagemap to link to the javascript function
> applyMapSize(Width,Height). This seems to work, however it only resizes
> the actual map image, rather than all the surrounding pan tools, borders
> etc. Am I doing something wrong here? Has anyone else resized maps using
> this method? Can you give me some tips?
>
> Regards
> Jonathon
> --