[Chameleon] problems with the session map object and querybypoint()

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Thu Mar 24 19:00:41 EST 2005

I have been bashing my head for a long while now against this and for
some reason it just will not work and I am running out of ideas.

Basially I have a dynamic layer added to the map object. I can see the
points on the map, I can see the labels for the points, I can see the
name in the legend, I can turn the layer on and off, its all working great.

However I cannot use queryByPoint() on that layer if I retrieve it using
getLayerByName() from the map object, it always returns 0 records. I
have the tolerance set to an insane amount, I have set the projection
just in case though its the same projection as the map file. I have
tested to layer object to make sure I am getting the right one. I have
tested the script itself by accessing one of the other, non-dynamic,
layers and it works for them so I know its getting the right
coordinates. I have a stand alone version (just mapscript not connected
to chameleon) and I can queryByPoint() on that dynamic layer.

Does anyone have any ideas at all on what I can try next?

Thanks,

Ken