[Chameleon] Several questions

Dirk Jesko ml.dje at geocontent.de
Wed May 4 11:20:00 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am creating a portal using chameleon. Most widgets work pretty well
and I really like the environment. However, I ran into a couple of
mostly minor problems:

1. I would like to translate the GUI to German. Is it just done by
adding a new column of the dbf-files and writing the corresponding text?
Or is there something else that has to be done?

2. I just realized, that the reprojection using the ProjectionSelector
only works with vector data. As soon as I activate a raster layer, no
image is returned. Before I investigate this further, I would like to
know if someone else experienced something similar.

3. Again ProjectionSelector. After changing the SRS, the KeyMapDHTML
shows the correct bounding box, but using the KeyMapDHTMLMode buttons
result in incorrect bounding boxes, i.e. the new bbox of the main map is
far outside the covered area. After setting the SRS back to the one
specified in the map-file, it works perfect again.

4. How can I change the template for a query result? I specified one in
the map-file, but chameleon still uses the standard table.

5. The symbol chooser used in the MapNotes widget writes the images into
a wrong directory. It seems that it always uses
C:\Programme\ApacheGroup...\htdocs\mstmp\ for writing, but uses the one
specified in the map file resp. chameleon config file. Am I possibly
missing some option again?

6. The MapTips widget does not recognize my layers. I just shows the
option to remove all map tips. However, it works well with the enhanced
sample. My layers are all PostGIS. Is there any SharedRessource or
Metadata that has to be defined in order for the MapTips to work. I can
not see any in the example. By the way I am using the xmlthemeledgend
widget.

7. The download from PrintProduction widget always generates a PNG, even
if a different format has been specified in the dialog. The PrintPreview
on the other hand creates an image in the requested format. Therefore, I
assume that there is a problem within the widget an not in the
configuration.

Hopefully someone can provide an answer or a reference for these
questions. Thanks for any help.

Dirk