[Chameleon] Upgrade problems to MapServer 4.4.2

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Wed May 11 03:09:06 EDT 2005

Hi Jason,

could you log your php errors to a file, in php.ini:

display_errors = Off
log_errors = On
error_log = d:/temp/php.log

And check your logfile afterwards?

Which version of Chameleon are you using btw? I have no trouble running Chameleon 2.0 in combination with Mapserver 4.4.2.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> Jason Grimes <jgrimes at gi.alaska.edu> 05/11/05 01:56am >>>
Hi All,

I have upgraded to MapServer 4.4.2 from version 4.2.2 and now all I get
in Chameleon is the following error:

Error rendering map image:
A fatal error has occurred restoring your session.
Please restart the application.

I haven't changed anything in my Chameleon configuration.  Here is the
URL that Chameleon is sending:

https://phobos.gina.alaska.edu/chameleon//common//wrapper/drawmap.php?
map_session_mode=1&run_query=0&sid=4281468778a3b&
dummy=0.08096400+1115768456&UniqId=1115768456785264

When I checked the archived messages for this I came across the error
about map_session_mode=1.  I checked my php.ini file and the
session.use_trans_sid parameter is set to 0.  If I hand enter the URL
into the browser it still returns the same error whether or not it is
set to a 1 or a 0. Most everything was working fine with MapServer
4.2.2, do I need to reinstall that version?  I have also upgraded proj,
freetype, and gd.  Thanks,

Jason