[Chameleon] Ugly,how to find reason for random chrashes in Chameleon/PHP/NTDLL.dll

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Thu May 12 04:00:11 EDT 2005

Hi Erik,

I have always found Mapscript with Oracle Spatial unstable and I have been unable to figure out if it is caused by the builds. The approach I normally followed was use Mapserver CGI to connect to Oracle and use an OGC:WMS layer in Chameleon.

Nicolas Fortin also has some experience with this, Nicolas did you ever get the Oracle/PHP Mapscript binaries to work properly?

Erik, if you need help setting up a build environment let me know.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "erik" <erik1969 at mailhaven.com> 05/11/05 11:52pm >>>
Paul,

I second your guess regarding Mapserver. I did verify with Bart who compiled
the binary that we use the same PHP version. I hope to test everything on
another machine, perhaps with Win2000. I think I also should test the
Mapserver/Mapscript binaries on a plain Apache/PHP setup, without the ms4w
and Chameleon environment.

Anyway, I'm a bit surprised that it is so hard to find
Mapserver/PHP-Mapscript binaries with Oracle support on Windows. I mean,
lots of people use mapserver, Oracle is a popular database, and PHP is
perhaps the most popular web-scripting language. Still I couldn't find such
a Mapserver binary. Fortunately it was kindly provided to me by Bart van den
Eijnden at http://www.xs4all.nl/~bartvde/

Perhaps I just have to dig in and setup a compiling environment for all this
myself, since I will need such Mapserver binaries in the future also. The
documentation on the Mapserver home pages basically just say "good luck" to
those who plan to compile this setup on Windows :-/

regards,
  erik