[Chameleon] how to get %variable% passed on

Gustavo Concheiro concheirog at si.edu
Mon May 23 18:17:49 EDT 2005

Very newbie question?

I am just switching from basic HTML+MapServer to Chameleon.  I simply
modified one of the samples, and love the results so far.  I have,
though, a couple of things I miss:

1. Queries.  I had nice results, formated, with only the info I wanted.
Now I get a dbf-dump for the shapefile.  I read the html template for
queries, used by the MapServer CGI, is ignored by Chameleon.  The
dbf-dump table will not do.  How do I go about changing this?

2. I used to send a variable, say my_genus, from <select> input in the
form, so it got replaced in the template, for filter, like

   FILTER ('[genus]' eq '%my_genus')

so the user could either show only a selection of the items.  How do I
reproduce this with Chameleon?

TIA.

-Gustavo

PS: anybody knows whether there is anything wrong with DMSolutions mail?
 I requested info on training and support, got no answer.