[Chameleon] Locate widget on netscape problem

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Tue Nov 8 02:02:21 EST 2005

Hi Debbie,

errors which are written in HTML directly are somehow handled differently by Firefox or IE. I always notice it when I do some debugging with echo's in php, in IE I won't see them most of the time until I view the HTML source, probably since they could be before or after the <html> begin and end tags.

The widget code needs to be changed for this. In the InitDefaults of the Locate widget, parent::InitDefaults should be called as the first line. I would suggest filing a bug as well, after first checking in the current CVS file has the same problem.

    function InitDefaults()
    {
        parent::InitDefaults();

Hope this helps.

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl
>>> "Pagurek,Debbie [NCR]" <Debbie.Pagurek at ec.gc.ca> 11/07/05 9:22 PM >>>
Hi all,
We've been testing our app in different browsers and we're seeing a
problem in Netscape (7.0 is what I'm testing right now) in the locate
widget. The postal code or placename seems to be found ok because a list
of places is provided, but the following error appears next to the list:

  ERROR 1: ERROR: InitDefaults didn't call base class InitDefaults in
widget locate

And then of course when you click on Apply or OK, the map appears to be
trying to do something (the "please wait" notice appears) but the map
doesn't get updated with a point and it doesn't zoom in.

Can anyway suggest what the problem might be?

The locate widget is working just fine in IE and Mozilla.

Thanks in advance,
D. Pagurek