[Chameleon] Dynamic Maps

Jason C. Leach jason.leach at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:29:22 EST 2005

Hi All:

After seeing a post about VirtualSpatialData I thought it would be a
good time to ask about dynamic maps.  What I hope to do is, have
several static layers, but also give a user the ability to, based on a
query, construct a layer (series of polygons).

What I was thinking I should do is:

1. Based on the HTML form, have the database create a View based on
the spatial tables in the DB.  This will be based on a
SELECT....WHERE....  I'll probably base the table name on the session
ID.

2. Have the part of Chameleon that creates the temporary MAP file
inject a layer entry.  It will do this based on the session ID, or a
query of an accounting table to see what extra layers should be added
for the user.

Comments?  If this is a more complicated, or not the best way do to
this I'd be interested to hear more.  One of the reasons for this
aproach is, I will be able to have several users each have different
dynamic layers because

Thanks,
Jason.

.... Jason C. Leach