[Chameleon] how to customize a widget?

Roland Martin roland.w.martin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 04:26:54 EST 2005

Hi Jeremy,

I'm also pretty new to it, but I've successfully done a couple!
(Although interestingly PrintProduction is one of the ones I've not
had any success with - maybe you should start with an easy one like
the LinkWidget?)

First, follow this advice here:
http://chameleon-tiki.maptools.org/tiki-index.php?page=HowtoCustomizeAnyWidget

They key bits are where it tells you to change the links half way
down. There's also a typo - the bit in your custom app (i.e. the
'index.phtml' page) should read:
$oApp->CWCExecute( array( dirname(__FILE__)."/widgets" );

This then ensures it looks in your directory first.

Then it's just a matter of copying widget folders across wholesale to
yours, and tweaking them till they work.

I found php.net pretty handy for PHP help.

Roland.

On 29/11/05, Sears, Jeremy <Jeremy.Sears at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:

> Hi List,
> Im am trying to customize the printproduction widget. My goal is to simplify
> the user interface. I would like avoid the whole dialog thing. When a user
> clicks the 'print' button they should get a map that has already been
> created with their current viewing extent as the extent of the output map. I
> have searched the documentation and this list's archives but cannot find any
> references to customizing the printproduction widget. I have spent some time
> the widgets and printproduction folders and have determined that the
> following files are relavent to my task:
>
>     preview.php
>     preview.phtml
>     PrintProduction.en.ca.doc.xml
>     PrintProduction.widget.php
>     production.inc.php
>     production.phtml
>     production_download.phtml
>     production_draw_legend.php
>     session.inc.php
>
> I am quite new to php and am hoping that someone can point me to some
> documentation related to this, offer advice on where to begin or let me know
> that it is impossible/possible.
>
> Best Regards
> Jeremy Sears

Please note my new email address. Use other addresses at your peril.