[Chameleon] how to customize a widget?

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Nov 29 15:59:45 EST 2005

Hi List,
Im am trying to customize the printproduction widget. My goal is to simplify
the user interface. I would like avoid the whole dialog thing. When a user
clicks the 'print' button they should get a map that has already been
created with their current viewing extent as the extent of the output map. I
have searched the documentation and this list's archives but cannot find any
references to customizing the printproduction widget. I have spent some time
the widgets and printproduction folders and have determined that the
following files are relavent to my task:

    preview.php
    preview.phtml
    PrintProduction.en.ca.doc.xml
    PrintProduction.widget.php
    production.inc.php
    production.phtml
    production_download.phtml
    production_draw_legend.php
    session.inc.php

I am quite new to php and am hoping that someone can point me to some
documentation related to this, offer advice on where to begin or let me know
that it is impossible/possible.

Best Regards
Jeremy Sears