[Chameleon] OVF select statement - problem querying a WMS layer

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at ec.gc.ca
Tue Oct 18 11:49:32 EDT 2005

Running into minor issues with the Chameleon query for a French WMS that we're serving.

The ovf file has an sql statement that includes something like:

Select city as "l'emplacement_de_la_station" etc.

Chameleon Query widget (or Mapserver WMS) is choking on that apostrophe. This sort of thing works fine for characters with french accents (e.g. select air1_map_2005.id as "numéro_de_la_station"), but it's not working with this apostrophe situation.

Our solution would be to  do something like using another sequence of characters and doing a search and replace in the query widget to get the proper thing. But  does anyone    know how to fix this properly?  Or how to test where the error is occuring?

The query works fine in SQL, so I know it's a mapserver  or chameleon thing - it doesn't like this character (') in a fieldname.

I've tried escaping it (in the .ovf file) using 2 apostrophes '' and I also tried \' but the chameleon query keeps showing No results for the layer.

Sorry for crossposting.

 D. Pagurek