[Chameleon] jp2/gdal help needed

Tim Badtke TBadtke at eastcentralrpc.org
Wed Oct 19 16:08:18 EDT 2005

I work for a ten county planning agency and would like to use chameleon
as a photo viewer, but I'm having trouble getting jp2 support. I know
it's more of a mapserver question, but mapserver user list won't let me
log in for some reason. Tiff works fine, but that would require about a
terabyte of storage, which I could do, but obviously don't want to. I
configured gdal-1.3.1 from source with jasper but got ogdi errors so I
did it without ogdi and it worked fine.  gdalinfo --formats shows
jpeg2000 support. When I run gdalinfo and the photo it immediately spits
out aborted with nothing else.

Has anyone ran into this that can offer any suggestions?

Thank you,
Tim