[Chameleon] Saving ROI's to shapefile

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Fri Sep 2 03:33:20 EDT 2005

Hi List,

I'm attempting to build a widget which saves ROI objects to a shapefile, and
then adds the shapefile to the map. I'm rurnning into the problem of
defining a polygon shapeObj in php_mapscript. In the ShapeObj class, I don't
see any method that allows me to define a polygon based on nodes. I'm using
rectangles at the moment, but the RectObj class unfortunately does not
inherit from the ShapeObj class. Does anyone know a way of doing it?

Also, is there some documentation about the internal structure of the
goCWCROIManager.aROI[i] array? Pulling out the bounding coordinates of a ROI
isn't difficult, but I'm not sure how I could pull out a polygon or a
circle....

Regards,

Jacob

JACOB DELFOS
SPATIAL INFORMATION ANALYST
Maunsell Australia Pty Ltd
629 Newcastle Street, Leederville, WA 6007
PO Box 81, Leederville, WA 6902
Western Australia
ABN 20 093 846 925

Tel     + 61 8 9281 6185