[Chameleon] outline width fails to persist

Ken-ichi kenichi.ueda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:28:49 EDT 2005

Hi all.  I only recently realized you can now set a width in the STYLE
element of a polygon layer, thereby controlling the width of the
outline.  However, it seems that in Chameleon, the width reverts to 1
any time the map is refreshed (zoom, pan, update, etc).  This does not
occur in a simple phpMapScript application, so I presume it's a
Chameleon issue.  Here's my layer definition:

LAYER
     NAME "30 min Quads"
     GROUP "Default"
     STATUS ON
     DATA "the_geom from vtm_quads"
     TYPE POLYGON
     CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
     CONNECTION "user=foo dbname=bar"
     UNITS METERS
     LABELITEM "vtm_quad"
     LABELMAXSCALE 2000000
	  	PROJECTION
			"init=epsg:1000"
		END
     CLASS
		EXPRESSION ([size]=30)
		LABEL
			TYPE TRUETYPE
			FONT "fritqat"
			SIZE 8
			POSITION CC
			OFFSET 0 0
			COLOR 0 142 255
			OUTLINECOLOR 255 244 221
			ANTIALIAS TRUE
			PARTIALS TRUE
			FORCE FALSE
		END
		STYLE
			OUTLINECOLOR 0 142 255
			WIDTH 2

		END
     END
END

You can see what I'm talking about at

http://vtm.berkeley.edu/mapbrowser/

(forgive the poor performance, still working that out).

-Ken-ichi