[Chameleon] Draw only legend?

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Apr 7 09:24:54 EDT 2006

Hi List,
I posted this question to the Mapserver list yesterday, inretrospect I think
it may be more suited to this list. Here goes...

Im wondering if its possible to have mapserver draw only a legend, not its
associated map...
Im looking at the mapscript documentation on maptools.org regarding the
LegendObj Class, it says:

"Instances of legendObj are always are always embedded inside the mapObj."

So Im starting with code like:

// draw ledgend ...
$legend = ms_newMapObj($mapfileloc);
..

And Id like to get to the point where I write:

$legend_image = $legend->draw();

But Im not sure how to specify to only draw a legend.. Is it possible?

Thanks
Jeremy