[Chameleon] chameleon session vars ....

Liz Godwin godwin.liz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 16:13:39 EDT 2006

Hi Jeremy,

I don't know if you have solved this yet.  I came across your post while
researching another session problem I'm having.

In our popup pages (essentially the same as non-chameleon pages), you must
pass the session id (sid=xxx) in the url to the page, and then before you
call on the session.inc.php you need to define LOAD_SESSION if not already
done.

Here is a snippit from the top of one of my popup pages..
<?php
if ( !defined( "LOAD_MAPSESSION" ) ) {
    define("LOAD_MAPSESSION", 1);
}

//language file for a widget (outdated as of 2.4)
$szLanguageResource = str_replace("\\","/",dirname(__FIL
E__))."/<widgetname>.dbf";

include_once("../session.inc.php");
include_once("../CWC2ButtonCache.php");

//...etc
?>

Hope this helps you out!

Cheers,

Liz

On 3/28/06, Sears, Jeremy <Jeremy.Sears at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Regarding my question about passing session vars around an app, I found
the
> following post that seems very relavent:
> http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/chameleon/2005-March/001972.html
>
> Im trying to work with Paul's second suggestion... however Im still not
> finding success. Currently I either get no data passed in the session var,
> or the "headers already sent..." error.
>
> This is the code I have been adding in an attempt to make my other
> 'non-chameleon' pages aware of the cham session:
>
> <?php

include_once("/dir1/dir2/ms4w/apps/chameleon/htdocs/common/session/session.p