[Chameleon] mapfile generation - explanation needed

Gambin Dejan Dejan.Gambin at pula.hr
Thu Dec 7 03:36:10 EST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to optimize my Chameleon application performance as much as
I can. I have done many things with my data, mapfile, etc. I am
wondering if there is something I can do that is related to Chameleon
only. It is set in JSAPI mode, with javascript compressing, ...

I still don't understand how the mapfiles are being generated? For
example, it is initially generating 3 mapfiles (12KB each), each zoomin,
pan, etc. generates another 2 mapfiles, atrribute query another 3, ...
Is this OK? Is it causing some performance problems? Do I have to work
on it?

thanks very much

regards, dejan