[Chameleon] print direct to PDF widget

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Feb 10 12:48:50 EST 2006

Hi All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Id like to like the list know that I have pieced together a 'widget' for
chameleon that allows one to print a map directly to a PDF template.

The 'widget' employs functions from the phppdflib library to create the PDF
map. I chose to use phppdflib instead of the standard pdflib because
phppdflib is free and has the ability to import pdf's (i.e. the template),
you must pay for this functionality in pdflib. One simply inserts their map
template and plays with map element placement properties in order to use it.

I hesitate to call this bit of code a widget as I don't think it meets all
of the requirements that the name implies. In order to use it there are a
few conditions that must be met in one's Mapserver app and one's code.
However, I've found it to work great within our application.

I would very much like other's to try it, use it if suitable, give me some
feedback and ideally improve on it. There is much room for improvement.

If anyone is interested they can send mail to me at jsears(at)nrcan.gc.ca
<mailto:jsears at nrcan.gc.ca>  (please put pdfMap in the subject heading) and
Ill send a copy of the 'widget'.

Regards,

Jeremy