[Chameleon] print direct to PDF widget

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 12 09:00:21 EST 2006

Hi Jeremy,

how about attaching your code to a Bugzilla bugreport with a little
description of the widget? It could then be decided if this will be
included with Chameleon in the future (ofcourse assuming you would be
okay with that).

Also, I would be interested to see an example PDF, are you able to put
one on a website and send us the URL?

Thanks.

Sears, Jeremy wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Id like to like the list know that I have pieced together a 'widget'
> for chameleon that allows one to print a map directly to a PDF template.
>
> The 'widget' employs functions from the phppdflib library to create
> the PDF map. I chose to use phppdflib instead of the standard pdflib
> because phppdflib is free and has the ability to import pdf's (i.e.
> the template), you must pay for this functionality in pdflib. One
> simply inserts their map template and plays with map element placement
> properties in order to use it.
>

> I hesitate to call this bit of code a widget as I don't think it meets
> all of the requirements that the name implies. In order to use it
> there are a few conditions that must be met in one's Mapserver app and
> one's code. However, I've found it to work great within our application.
>
> I would very much like other's to try it, use it if suitable, give me
> some feedback and ideally improve on it. There is much room for
> improvement.
>

> If anyone is interested they can send mail to me at
> jsears(at)nrcan.gc.ca <mailto:jsears at nrcan.gc.ca> (please put pdfMap
> in the subject heading) and Ill send a copy of the 'widget'.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jeremy
>

> phppdflib can be found : http://www.potentialtech.com/ppl.php

Bart van den Eijnden