[Chameleon] Problem with dynamically generated mapfile

Bergero Claudio Claudio.Bergero at elsag.it
Thu Feb 16 05:15:08 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm new to Chameleon and I have a problem.

I need to run Chameleon on a dynamically generated map file; this is mainly
due to the need of dynamically including or excluding layers, dinamically
changing the name of the shapefiles, zooming to a single layer extent and
having different repositories for mapflies, based on user input incoming
from an external page.

I wrote a php page based on the sample with extended enhanced widgets.

This page, depending on user input, generates a random mapfile based on a
template and passes it to chameleon; I also managed passing user input to
successive page calls, in order to regenerate a correct mapfile for zooming,
panning, and similar operations, which cause a page refresh; the temporary
mapfile is deleted at the end of the php page.

The system seems to work, except for one detail: the ZoomAllLayers widget
stopped working: when you press it the page is refreshed but no zooming
operation is performed, the map redraws extactly as the one before...

I've no idea about the reasons. No error message is displayed. No javascript
error is generated. I tried not to remove the mapfile (even if Chameleon
makes its own dynamic copy), without success. I modified the widget code to
print the extents retrieved from the map, and they was correct.

The others navigation widgets (zoom in, zoom out, recenter and panning) work
perfectly.

Have you any idea of the problem?

Thanks in advance