[Chameleon] Problem with dynamically generated mapfile

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 16 08:09:17 EST 2006

Hi,
Since you are regenerating the mapfile on each page hit, I suppose you
are using the the readonly mapsession. If not you should. If you
included the following line in your php page you are using the
read/write mode:
     $this->moMapSession = new MapSession_RW;
     $this->moMapSession->setTempDir( getSessionSavePath());

In that case, Chameleon is saving the mapfile on disk at each hits. You
may try to reuse this new mapfile instead of the dynamically generated
one of your own. If you want more info on those subject, don't hesitate
to ask.

For your ZoomAllLayer problem, simply add the following metadata in your
mapfile:
original_extent "your,extent,comma,separated"

With the read/write mapsession mode, Chameleon is adding it himself. But
since you are not using this mode, you should add it manually.

Julien

Julien-Samuel Lacroix            jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
DM Solutions Group               http://www.dmsolutions.ca/