[Chameleon] IE hangs with drawmap.php

uli mueller uli.mueller at gmx.ch
Mon Feb 20 17:33:24 EST 2006

Hi All

Can anybody tell why Internet Explorer (version 5 and 6) hangs with some
images produced from drawmap.php?

With Firefox everything is fine. However when I call the same URL in IE
the browser hangs completely, consuming most of my CPU and freezing the
whole system after some minutes!
This happens only at certain map extents or scales. I tried changing the
output format options in chameleon.xml as well as in the mapfile. The
only effect was that other map extents caused the problem. I found no
configuration that worked for all situations.

I have copied and posted some of the images produced from drawmap.php
below. However when I call the saved images with their extension even IE
manages to display them.

Any ideas?

2 examples that caused no problem
http://www.geops.info/cham24.png