[Chameleon] Problem with chameleon and php 5.1.1

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jan 12 14:10:19 EST 2006

It's not surprising that php5 causes that error with your ms4w because
the phpmapscript binaries that are in ms4w are compiled for use with
php4x.  I wouldn't recommend upgrading to php5 unless you absolutely
need a feature in php5.

As you noted, you can use that php5 mapscript download to upgrade your
mapscript binaries in your ms4w.

I can't speak for any Chameleon affects of using php5.  Personally,
stick with the default ms4w.

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna