[Chameleon] wmsparse and LegendURL

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at agi.rws.minvenw.nl
Fri Jan 20 08:05:52 EST 2006

Hi list,

I recompiled wmsparse, and also had to change the phpwms.default.php file.

In there is a DEFINE for LAYER_STYLE which is default set to false. This
needs to be true in order to have style info (and therefore legendurl).

Since the dbf structure has changed, I had to delete all my previous dbf
files, and start all over, but now it works fine.

Apparently the wms_style_default_legendurl format is like:

width height mimetype url

        "wms_style_default_legendurl"   "87 59 image/gif
http://webservices.ionicsoft.com/worldData/map/WORLD/REQUEST/getdir/DIR/lege
nd/DATA/LPR/WORLD/WORLD.gif"

Now the WMS browser also shows the legend, but this does not seem to work
for Mapserver based layers, maybe because Mapserver advertizes a legend
image of 18x12, whereas the GetLegendGraphic request without a Rule can
deliver a much larger image.