[Chameleon] ROIRectangleTool and cursortype

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 20 13:31:12 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

you're right :-), but I have always missed the concept of a Tool (or
MapCanvasWidget) in the Chameleon source, i.e. a widget which does
something on the map canvas. NavTool would then inherit from Tool, and
the ROIRectangle widget would have inherited from Tool.

Paul Spencer wrote:

> Bart,
>
> it was not implemented as a navigational widget because it isn't a
> navigational widget :)
>
> We would need to modify the widget to include the option to set a
> cursortype attribute and hook that into the existing mechanism I guess.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> On 20-Jan-06, at 7:29 AM, Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> navigational widgets have an option to set a cursortype.
>>
>> Is there a specific reason that the ROIRectangleTool was not
>> implemented as
>> a navigational widget but as a normal CWCWidget? Is there another
>> way to set
>> the cursortype on this type of widget?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bart
>>

>> Disclaimer
>> **
>> Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
>> uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
>> hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
>> informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
>> volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.
>>
>> This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
>> This message is intended solely for the addressee.
>> If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
>> notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
>> is correct or complete, please contact the sender.

> |Paul Spencer                           pspencer at dmsolutions.ca   |
> |Applications & Software Development                              |
> |DM Solutions Group Inc                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/|

Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS
http://www.osgis.nl