[Chameleon] Browser Compatibitlity

Jonathon Coombes jon at cybersite.com.au
Tue Jan 24 00:21:20 EST 2006

On 24/01/2006, at 10:50 AM, uli mueller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Are there any news on compatibility of chameleon with different
> browsers?
>
> Just asking because I have problems with IE 6. The wait image does
> not disappear, and the map itself stays white. IE 6 shows no JS
> error. In Firefox the application runs fine.
>
> I know there have been some posts on similar problem, but I think
> there have been no real solutions? My IE Version is
> 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.

Hi Uli,

I was one of the people who was having trouble with  IE 6 not working.
For my solution, it turned out to be the way IE 6 handled (or did not
handle)
the session information for IFRAME tags. So if you are using any form of
IFRAME in your application, that is probably the issue.

In my research, I did pick up on another more obscure issue in
relation to the
caching mechanisms/child-age protection protocols that caused problems,
but I would think it is more the IFRAME issue if any.

Regards
Jonathon