[Chameleon] zoom to feature

Geoff MacDonald thirdleadingscorer at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 25 16:21:09 EDT 2006

hello,
    I am currently developing an application using mapserver/chameleon. I've added a frame for the user to search for an evacuation centre and show results and update to the database. I now want to be able to zoom to the selected feature. The question(s) is as follows: Should I use the LocateByAttribute widget or should I use php/MapScript to accomplish this? The LocateByAttribute doesn't seem likely since it's only purpose is to zoom, not to query/edit the layer. If I should use php/Mapscript, can I see an example to get started? Or even just a good reference to perform what I need to do?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
thanks,
    Geoff MacDonald