[Chameleon] Unrectified Photography

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jul 31 10:39:10 EDT 2006

Tim,

I think you can do this.  You need to create a mapserver map file
with a single layer that is your jpg.  MapServer doesn't need your
image to be georeferenced but you will need to figure out what to use
for the the UNITS (try pixels) and the EXTENT (try 0 0 <width> <height>)

Once you have this figured out, you can use the user's selection to
create the appropriate layer programmatically using mapscript in a
new chameleon session.

That's how I would approach it, anyway.  But test the mapserver/jpg
part outside of chameleon, it'll be easier :)

Cheers

Paul