[Chameleon] installing chameleon

mknutzen at nypl.org mknutzen at nypl.org
Mon Jun 5 15:15:32 EDT 2006

I did install the MS4W package, and I've tried and retried restarting
apache after unpacking Chameleon. I may be reading the installation notes
incorrectly. Is it correct that I download the zipped file to the c drive,
at the same level as I did ms4w, not in a programs or applications folder?
And then, when I unzip, that I install at that same level?, or should I
direct winzip to unzip into the apps folder on ms4w? The application never
"appear[s] within /ms4w/apps/" folder and also, the "new
httpd_chameleon.conf" file is not added to the httpd folder. Is this done
manually? Again, I am a complete novice here. Please bear with me.

Thanks,

Matthew A. Knutzen

             Julien-Samuel
             Lacroix
             <jlacroix at mapgear                                          To
             s.com>                    mknutzen at nypl.org
                                                                        cc
             06/05/2006 08:56          chameleon at lists.maptools.org
                                       Re: [Chameleon] installing
                                       chameleon

Hi,
May I suggest you to use MS4W if you are on windows:
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/

You will have to give us details on your system, what you put in the
Chameleon configuration files and which path are accessible by the
Apache webserver.

Julien

mknutzen at nypl.org wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance, but I cannot seem to get Chameleon to install
> on my computer. I follow all the outlined steps, but the .config file
never
> appears and the application never shows up in the local host window.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Matthew A. Knutzen

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears