[Chameleon] session management

Liz Godwin godwin.liz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 11:43:32 EDT 2006

We're having some session issues with Chameleon, and from reading other
postings recently, others have too.

   1. Different Chameleon sessions running simultaneously are now and
   them (1/100 probability) trying to remove files that are being removed by
   another session.  So there are conflicts in the log file.
   2. I've noticed after a recent debug run on sessions that the destroy
   function never runs!!

Our systems guy has asked if we can just use a shell script - and that's
fine for now, and for us, but it's not a Chameleon resolution.  I'll have to
disable the garbage collection whenever I upgrade.

Also... does anyone know why Destroy is never called?  What's the point in
having it if it's not running?

I'd be interested in hearing other solutions folks have implemented.

Cheers,

Liz Godwin