[Chameleon] session management

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Fri Jun 16 08:57:11 EDT 2006

Hi Liz,

1. I'm not aware of that. Has that happend to you? With 1/100
probability of being run, two session run at the same time do not have
much chance of starting the garbage collection. Am I missing the point?
2. We fix a bug recently in the common/session/session.php file for
windows server. I think it runs fine on Linux. Other can confirm. Oh!
Wait I just realize it was not commited...I'll let you know once fixed.

The shell script is also a working solution since it does the same job.

Julien

Liz Godwin wrote:
> We're having some session issues with Chameleon, and from reading other
> postings recently, others have too.
>
>    1. Different Chameleon sessions running simultaneously are now and
>       them (1/100 probability) trying to remove files that are being
>       removed by another session.  So there are conflicts in the log file.
>    2. I've noticed after a recent debug run on sessions that the destroy
>       function never runs!!
>
> Our systems guy has asked if we can just use a shell script - and that's
> fine for now, and for us, but it's not a Chameleon resolution.  I'll
> have to disable the garbage collection whenever I upgrade.
>
> Also... does anyone know why Destroy is never called?  What's the point
> in having it if it's not running?
>
> I'd be interested in hearing other solutions folks have implemented.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Liz Godwin

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears