[Chameleon] RE: SPATIALSEARCHLIST in LocateByAttribute widget

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Mar 2 02:56:33 EST 2006

Hi Dejan,

The "$wincontent" variable holds whatever goes into the popup, which
includes all results. This popup has all attributes, no matter what. You
could modify it, though. Or remove the fields from the DBF that you
don't use. I guess I haven't really focused too much on the non-jsapi
mode, just making sure that it worked. I am not sure why anyone would
choose not to use the JSAPI mode, though. I can not see disadvantages to
it, only a big improvement in performance and usability. Browser
compatability is not really a relevant problem anymore.

Regarding the wildcard: it doesn't need one for strings. It
automatically searches for values containing the searchstring. For
numberfields, it does an exact match (I thought that wildcards don't
make sense in numbers).

Regards,

Jacob