[Chameleon] add a layer by mapserver?

He, Matt Yubin mhe at itsc.uah.edu
Fri Mar 3 10:59:12 EST 2006

Hi, All:

	When I use WMSBrowser to add a layer into Chameleon, it adds a
layer information into map file. For example, here is a layer added by
this widget:

LAYER
    CONNECTION "http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?"
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    DUMP TRUE
    MAXSCALE 3.0e+009
      METADATA
        "wms_srs"	"EPSG:4326 AUTO:42003"
        "wms_onlineresource"	"http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?"
        "wms_latlonboundingbox"	"-180 -90 180 90"
        "layer_index"	"0"
        "wms_name"	"modis"
        "wms_format"	"image/jpeg"
        "wms_formatlist"	"image/jpeg"
        "selected"	"1"
        "LEGEND_ORDER"	"0"
        "wms_server_version"	"1.1.1"
        "wms_title"	"Blue Marble, Global MODIS derived image"
      END
    MINSCALE 1.5e+006
    NAME "LandSat-modis"
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    STATUS ON
    TEMPLATE "blank.html"
    TOLERANCE 0
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    TYPE RASTER
    UNITS METERS
  END

However, this layer definition doesn't have all the information I need,
e.g. wms_dataurl_href, wms_abstract, etc.

I am trying to find a way to add these metadata information into layer
definition. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks.

Matt