[Chameleon] More than one MapTips widget at the same time

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Fri Mar 3 11:31:37 EST 2006

Hi Carlo,
I've already modified the MapTips widget for a project here to be able
to specify multiple layers. However there's a lot of problem when two
points overlap. Only one of them will show up. I'm suppose to readdress
the MapTips widget with collision detection or something like that inthe
future. No idea when though. I'm not sure if this will end up in CVS
since that may become very client specific.

In the mean time I can provide you the modified MapTips widget if you want.

Julien

Paul Spencer wrote:
> Carlo,
>
> it seems to me that you probably can't do this with the MapTips
> widget.  The problem would be which layer would you display the  tooltip
> for?  It would probably be better to have some UI element  that picks
> the layer to provide tooltips.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul
>
> On 2-Mar-06, at 6:18 PM, Carlo Tronnberg wrote:
>
>> Hello List!
>>
>> I try to add more than one MapTips: one for each 5 layers I am  using
>> for my application. With one it works great: I get a nice  popup tip
>> when hovering over my PostGIS layer's icons on the map.
>> But it seems that right now only one MapTips widget can work at the
>> time since the widget creates its own layer with the image map.
>>
>> I had a similar situation previously with the LegendTemplate widget
>> and created an other widget extending it (LegendTemplate2) and  making
>> sure to change the layer name for it.
>>
>> I could do the same with the MapTips although it seems a little  more
>> complicated than the LegendTemplate.
>>
>> Has anybody already done this or is there a better way to go?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Carlo

> |Paul Spencer                           pspencer at dmsolutions.ca   |
> |Applications & Software Development                              |
> |DM Solutions Group Inc                 http://www.dmsolutions.ca/|

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/