[Chameleon] More than one MapTips widget at the same time

Carlo Tronnberg temp at chello.hu
Sat Mar 4 04:39:45 EST 2006

Hi Julien,

Yes please! That would be VERY nice of you.

The overlapping problem is probably NOT a problem for my project. I have 4
independent PostGIS layers which are filtered differently (so they are
unique) and a 5th layer with shows all the data from PostGIS, so there will
surely be an overlapping when that 5th layer is shown, but the popup is the
same as for the corresponding filtered layer. In fact, if only one shows up
it is even better! I use a customized query widget result so eventual
overlaid point will show up in my map query result table.

Until now I tried to make a workaround for the multiple MapTip problem by
creating a 6th dynamic PostGIS layer where the filter is generated on the
fly, combining all other layers. I then hid the layer from the
LedendTemplate with a meta tag filter and gave a small symbol which will
always be behind the other layers so it will not be shown (I modified the
MapTips widget according to Bart so as not to show maptips for hidden
layers).
This is not very nice since I introduce a redundant database query so your
solution is warmly welcome!

Thanks,

Carlo