[Chameleon] How to implement query of a WMS/WFS server from a Chameleon client?

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Thu Mar 16 09:00:21 EST 2006

Hello,
The spatial point query of WMS layers is already on Chameleon. However,
the template parameter must be set on the server side, not the client side.

I'm not sure what happen with the "wms_feature_info_mime_type" parameter
though. Try removing it and modifying the QueryResult instead.
http://chameleon-tiki.maptools.org/tiki-index.php?page=QueryWidgetCustomizingResults

If you are using CVS version, it is also possible to specify the fields
returned in the QueryResult popup.

If you want to make your own PHP code and own PHP JS script, you will
have to do your own widget. In case of a very custom query result
window, try the LinkQuery widget (It opens a custom popup if there's
result in the query).

Julien

erik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a "3-tier" mapserver configuration. On the database side I have a
> Mapserver 4.6 CGI that fetches data from Oracle and publish the data via
> WMS. Then I have another machine running latest version of Chameleon
> with PHPMapscript 4.8.1, and this is configured as a WMS client and
> fetches data from the other server. Everything working ok for standard
> map browsing.
>
> I tried to implement spatial point queries in the Chameleon setup by
> defining the TEMPLATE parameter in the mapfile of my Chameleon app. I
> figured the WMS server would just return some HTML instead of a map
> since I have set the "wms_feature_info_mime_type" parameter to
> "text/html".  But this causes PHP to chrash instantly.
>
> The "WMS-client Howto" says that applications can use the Mapscript
> method layer.getWMSFeatureInfoURL() to get access to queried features
> directly.But I am having problem in understanding where to start and
> where to inject my code with this method into the Chameleon environment.
> Do I need to write my own Widget to do this? Should I try to build on
> the Widget which is allready there for feature query?
> If I just want to write my own PHP code that generates the necessary
> Mapscript server code and additional Javascript client code, where is it
> best to do this?
>
>   erik

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears