[Chameleon] proxy problems..

Sears, Jeremy Jeremy.Sears at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 20 13:39:14 EST 2006

Hi,
I think Ive narrowed the problem down to our particular flavour of cascading
style sheets. For some reason, one set of styles we are using with the site
in question breaks mapserver, or at least does somthing to prevent it from
drawing on the page. When I subsitute in older style sheets we were using
with this same app some time ago, everything works fine. I dont know what
the problem is specifically, nor am I sure if it is particular to our set-up
or if it is more of a broader compatibility issue.... Im currently looking
into it. Thanks to everyone who has provided assistance.

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: chameleon-bounces at lists.maptools.org
[mailto:chameleon-bounces at lists.maptools.org]On Behalf Of Julien-Samuel
Lacroix
Sent: March 20, 2006 12:03 PM
To: Sears, Jeremy
Cc: 'chameleon at lists.maptools.org'
Subject: Re: [Chameleon] proxy problems..

What did you comment out to make it work?

When viewed from the web, the drawmap URL works?

Julien

Sears, Jeremy wrote:
> Hi Julien,
>
> ok, here are what I get for variables:
>
>>From LAN, works:
> var gMapDHTMLURL =

'/myspace/chameleon//common//wrapper/drawmap.php?map_session_mode=1&run_quer
> y=0&sid=441ed6567f126&dummy=0.44188400+1142871639';
>
>>From WAN, doesnt work:
> var gMapDHTMLURL =

'/myspace/chameleon//common//wrapper/drawmap.php?map_session_mode=1&run_quer
> y=0&sid=441ed7059161f&dummy=0.49006900+1142871814';
>
> .... they look to be the same?
>
> PhP error reporting is on E_ALL, no php errors are being reported ...
>
> Also, we noticed that when we comment-out the includes in our phtml file,
> the mapimage and keymap will finally show up when viewed from the web...
>
> eg:
>
> include "./tools/includes/cfs_ess_bar.php";  //problem
>
> these are including code to draw things like nav bars, headers and footers
> on the same page as the map.\
> It would seem that they are causing the map to fail when viewed from the
> web. Again, there are no prbs when viewed from LAN.
>
> The gMapDHTMLURL var that is given when the map (sans includes in phtml)
is
> successfully viewed from the web is:

'/natdist/chameleon//common//wrapper/drawmap.php?map_session_mode=1&run_quer

Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears
http://www.mapgears.com/