[Chameleon] Load test suggestions

Jesse Cleary jcleary at email.unc.edu
Fri May 5 11:42:03 EDT 2006

Hi folks

I'm wondering what tools folks have used to realistically load test
their Chameleon applications.  I'm new to load testing but have
experimented with AB and JMeter.  I feel that both are underestimating
page load times by not measuring the full load time including the map
image.  Alternatively I had these applications hit the drawmap.php URL
only (var gMapDHTMLURL).  This appears more realistic compared to my
direct browser experience, but of course leaves out the rest of the
application.
 I'm also wondering if this URL taps into any cached resources or just
stores saved session parameters since I generate it prior to pasting the
URL into my load test routine?

Any suggestion on how to configure these tools to wait until all of the
components are finished loading?  Thanks...

Jesse

Chameleon 2.2 (non JSAPI)
with MS 4.8.1
on Fedora Core 4