[Chameleon] Manage WMS Servers widget shows "cache_mlt" error s, results in no WMS data layers

Jennifer Zeisloft jzeisloft at gmail.com
Fri May 5 18:14:51 EDT 2006

Hello,

I tried the solutions that Bart suggested:

1) checked the path to wmsparse in chameleon.xml.  If I am not mistaken, it
was set up for Unix - so I added a ".exe" and then tried adding
win32/wmsparse.exe.  No luck either way.

2) created a new wmscache directory and started by adding a single service.
This led to the same result as before (just a service title and nothing
else).  Just to double check, I tried several different paths to wmsparse
and added a single service with each different path.

3) checked to see what version of chameleon was used to create the dbfs.  It
was probably 2.2, and possibly 2.0.  Either way, I also checked the dbfs and
verified that they do contain mdu_* and scale fields.

Although it was advised against, I also tried commenting out the lines in
dbf.php as suggested by Jacob in the bug report.  While I received a long
list of error notices that a number of indices were missing (minscale,
maxscale, mdu...), the datasets served by the server did appear and were
successfully added to a map.

I really appreciate the great suggestions - it is much better than staring
blankly at my computer screen and scratching my head.

So, perhaps this is the result of the bug and the temporary solution is
either to:

- comment out the code (and get rid of the errors),or
- use the old wmscache and not refresh until the bug is fixed, or
- if I am understanding correctly, use a php script to generate the dbfs
from a text file list of services instead of dbf.php or wmsparse.exe or some
other script/executable (this last bit is where I am confused)

Jennifer