[Chameleon] Input coordinates offset with MapDHTML widget in IE

Etienne Dube etdube at gmail.com
Mon May 22 14:02:27 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've noticed a small problem with the MapDHTML widget when used in IE 6,
while implementing custom queries in my app. The NAV_INPUT_COORDINATES,
MAP_CURSOR_POS_X and MAP_CURSOR_POS_Y variables submitted are off by 2
pixels from the top and left, i.e. when I click on the top left pixel on
the map, the coordinates returned are (2,2). Clicking exactly on the top
left corner of the map border also submits the page, with coordinates
(1,1). Same effect when clicking outside the border, i.e. (0,0) when
clicking one pixel higher and to the left of the top left corner.

This behavior manifests itself with all the tools (zoom, recenter,
query, etc.). This happens only in IE, Firefox is alright. I'm using
DIVs and CSS formatting in my page, could it have any influence? The
MapDHTML widget itself is located inside a DIV.

Thanks in advance,

Etienne