[Chameleon] Locate Widget

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com
Tue May 30 02:33:57 EDT 2006

The widget currently only works for shapefiles, unfortunately. It's to
do with there not being a way in php4 (that I know of) to iterate
through all objects in a layer without getting a fatal uncatcheable
exception at the last object. I will be able to get around it in php5
(which supports "try-catch"), but it would not be backward
compatible.... so I am waiting until most people have upgraded to php5.

The reason it needs to iterate is that it does not use the "query"
functionality of Mapserver, because that would impose a few limitations.

I will let the list know when I have found time to make the necessary
modifications.

regards,

Jacob