[Chameleon] Step by Step Guide(LOCATE BY ATTRIBUTE)

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com
Wed Nov 15 18:47:45 EST 2006

Hi Oyama,

It would be a bit complicated to explain it in great detail, but
basically it populates comboboxes with all layers and all corresponding
attributes, and supplies a text input box for the search string. When
the user presses the "find" button it sends the layer name, attribute
name, and search string to the server, which performs a mapserver query.
It builds an array holding the indices of the valid results, and then
iterates through these results, while adding attribute values belonging
to results to a textual output. It also adds shape objects to a
temporary shapefile. When it has finished that, it dynamically adds a
layer to the mapfile that uses the temporary shapefile with the results
as a datasource. This is the highlighted layer with the results. In a
nutshell, that's what it does. But there's a bit more detail than I can
explain in an e-mail.

Hope this helps,

Jacob