[Chameleon] Re: [OTT_OSGEO] chamelon-GRASS application site with URL

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Sep 7 03:01:44 EDT 2006

Hi Ken,
I tested the site with IE version 6, but I didn't get any errors.. which
version are you using?
For further information on the back processes, I will set up a web page
with all instructions and procedures done for the demo realization.

I will inform you when all those information will on-line (for the end
of October I guess).

Thanks for the feed back.

Maxi

Ken Sanderson wrote:
> Hi, just a heads up that the site errors a lot with IE browser,
> firefox however works fine. It would be nice if the site had more
> information on what exactly it was doing from an instructional
> standpoint.
>
> I have used Grass with chameleon in a windows environment and really
> like its potential.
>
> Ken
>

> Massimiliano Cannata wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>> speed is just a matter of hardware in this case :-(
>> Yes, basin are dynamically generated, when you click the map or a
>> station it get the coordinate, then they are passed to GRASS.
>> With a new GRASS command that I wrote, the nearest pixel coordinate
>> belonging to a river is selected, and the r.water.outlet is run. The
>> raster basin generated is then converted in vector and represented.
>>
>> For statistics, a MASK fitting the basin is generated and then
>> r.stats, r.univar are run.
>>
>> Also PanaChart php library was used to generate the graph.
>>
>> That's all.
>> Again sorry for the slowness ! It will be better in future...
>>
>> Massimiliano
>>
>> Sampson, David wrote:
>>> Cool, Cool, Cool....
>>>
>>> I like it....
>>>
>>> I had an issue with popups, but that's normal when you block them....
>>> Worked well in firefox
>>>
>>> IS the watershed a pre defined boundarie, or is GRASS running the
>>> r.watersheds and creating it from scratch?  Does this get cached?
>>> Or is
>>> it a predefined watershed boundary?...
>>>
>>> The ROI requirement was not clear at first, but trial and error worked
>>> that out....
>>> I perosnaly like zoom tools that can draw an extent box instead of a
>>> point and given zoom factor, but that's my preference
>>>
>>> Load time and processing time is a little slow, but that's secondary.
>>> I'm assuming that's across the board.
>>>
>>> For others that are going to try it out this is the process I tried
>>> 1. load page
>>> 2. zoom into an area (mag +) so you can see some individual pints
>>> 3. Chooce the ROI tool (far left icon)

--

Dr. Eng. Massimiliano Cannata
Responsabile Area Geomatica