[Chameleon] Integrating ka-Map with Chameleon?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Sep 28 23:26:17 EDT 2006

Jennifer,

the core team has been discussing the technical needs for a 3.0
version.  One of the core changes for 3.0 that is planned is to
improve the AJAX mode ... currently called JSAPI ... and this would
be done primarily by incorporating the mapping part of the OpenLayers
project that is being (will be) adopted as the central map rendering
component of many web mapping projects.  OpenLayers has a javascript
tiling engine very similar to ka-Map's, but has a cleaner
architecture and can incorporate many different layer types.  What it
lacks is any server-side component for creating tiles ... which is
where ka-Map comes in!

Interestingly, we are seeking some funding to help out with this
effort :)  I will contact you off list regarding this.

Cheers

Paul