[Chameleon] Help required - Distance tool issue.

VijayGanti gantibabu at rediffmail.com
Wed Aug 8 07:43:14 EDT 2007

HI, i am new to Chameleon and i had been going through the samples provided.
While i could run all the samples, i have issues with the distance being
displayed by the measure tool. While the distance being displayed is
2.9miles between two points of interest in my shape file, the same is shown
as 1.4miles in Google Earth. I am confident i had used the same projection
and epsg code required. But here are the values if you could find any
discrepency.

EPSG = 102740 for the following projection

Datum                              : NAD83
Coordinate System             : Lambert Conformal Conic 2SP
Projection                         : STATEPLANE
Zone                                : 5401(Texas South Central Zone)
FIPS Zone                         : 4204
Spheroid                           : GRS80
Units                                : Feet
False_Easting                    : 1968500
False_Northing                   : 13123333.33333
Central Meridian                 : -99
Standard parallel 1             : 28.38333
Standard parallel 2             : 30.28333
Latitude of origin               : 27.83333

Dont know what most of them mean, but these are the settings i have.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.