[Chameleon] INDEX info

LITTLE Nelson nelson.little at tenix.com
Wed Aug 15 02:54:18 EDT 2007

I am also working in this area and having experimented with the HEADER
property of the map file the explanation given below is a little
confusing to say the least:

"*     if the displayed column name is empty then the column is not been

shown (in the example ar only the columns 'Code' (UNIQUE_KEY) and 'Name'

(NAME) shown -> 'displayed name' (real column name)"

What this should say is that all columns defined in the HEADER section
will be displayed, however only columns with a 'display column name'
will be displayed with such a name. Hence in the example mentioned below
only UNIQUE_KEY and NAME will be displayed with the names 'Code' and
'Name' respectively, all other columns will have their 'real column
names' displayed.

Cheers,
Nelson