[Chameleon] query normal widget and query custom widget in different widgets

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Mon Dec 24 12:48:07 EST 2007

Hi,

The query widget use special query function to interact with the map
instead of bein based on the NavTool class like ofther navigation tools.
  It uses javascript functions define in the Query.widget.php file to
trap the mousemove and mouseclick javascript events. You can change that
in your custom widget, no problem...until the MapDHTML widget. The
MapDHTML widget check for the QUERY NAV_CMD. This is hardcoded. So if
you want your own custom query widget, you will have to modify the
MapDHTML too, to add your own NAV_CMD in there too (Check the
MapDHTML.js file as well as the MapDHTML.widget.php file).

That's what I meant by not possible out-of-the-box.

Julien