[Chameleon] PanMap widget conflict with Prototype.js

Carlo Trönnberg carlo.t at chello.hu
Tue Jan 30 13:29:08 EST 2007

Hello All,

I made a very dynamic solution including Chameleon and using the excellent Prototype.js.

I use this toolkit all my extra AJAX handling together with the script.aculo.us toolkit for all the fancy user interface.
My problem: Using the drag and drop functionalities of these toolkits the PanMap widget does not work anymore.
I can grab the map and move it around but upon releasing the mouse button the map is not refreshed anymore. Doing some debugging, I noticed that the drag.mouseUp(x,y); call in the PanMapWMouseUp function of the PanMap widget failed to be called correctly ( putting an alert before that statement works but not after this statement or in any part of the drag.js file which it refers to ).

Everything else works perfectly.

Is there a solution?

Cheers,

Carlo Trönnberg