[Chameleon] PHP/MapServer/PROJ issue, Invalid or no access to template/context

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Sat Jul 7 17:00:15 EDT 2007

Maciej Sieczka wrote:

>> I'm trying to deploy Chameleon.

> Hold fire (but don't hold your breath)! I guess I've finally got it...
> More soon.

Nope. Still no good.

I noticed that in FGS+Chameleon for GNU Linux [1] they export PROJ_LIB
and GDAL_DATA in the setenv.sh script. So I made sure that that the 2
variables are set system wide by adding them to my /etc/environment.
Now even when I login as a www-data user the variables are set:

$ sudo su www-data
Password:
$ echo $GDAL_DATA
/usr/local/share/gdal
$ echo $PROJ_LIB
/usr/local/share/proj

Yet, Chameleon Sample Applications still complain like:

---
Warning: [MapServer Error]: msProcessProjection(): no options found in
'init' file in
/home/etc/chameleon/htdocs/common/wrapper/map_session.php on line 216

Warning: Failed to open map file
/home/etc/chameleon/samples/map/chameleon.map in
/home/etc/chameleon/htdocs/common/wrapper/map_session.php on line 216

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in
/home/etc/chameleon/htdocs/chameleon.php on line 767

Fatal error: Call to a member function set() on a non-object in
/home/etc/chameleon/htdocs/widgets/KeyMap/KeyMap.widget.php on line 199
---

I even tried setting the 2 variables in chameleon.php, but this did not
help either.

What else can I do?

[1]http://www.maptools.org/fgs/

Maciek